You might be thinking, "𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳?"
Simply put, your gut health is referring to the beneficial and harmful bacteria in your gut, aka your 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐨𝐦𝐞!
Your microbiome is as unique as your fingerprint. (cool, eh?)
In order to achieve "good" gut health, you want to have a higher ratio of beneficial bacterial. Yep, we rely on these guys to keep us healthy!
So what happens when your gut health isn't great?
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘈𝘬𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨.
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴. (𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘶𝘨𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮)
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘹𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘺.
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘴.
You didn't realize your gut played such a big role in your overall health, did you?
Now let's talk about how you build up your badass army of healthy gut bacteria!
𝟷. 𝘌𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰 𝘷𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘦𝘴! 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘷𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥?
𝟸. 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 - 𝟸𝟻-𝟹𝟾𝘨 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘍𝘪𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘪𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 (𝘯𝘰𝘮, 𝘯𝘰𝘮, 𝘯𝘰𝘮)
𝟹. 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘪𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘴 = 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵-𝘴𝘰-𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘯. 𝘒𝘪𝘮𝘤𝘩𝘪, 𝘴𝘢𝘶𝘦𝘳𝘬𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘵, 𝘬𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘢, 𝘦𝘵𝘤... 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵!
Finally, let's not forget about some of the most basic, yet essential ways to optimize not only your gut health but your health as a whole:
- 𝘘𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱
- 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵
- 𝘌𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘴 (𝟾𝟶/𝟸𝟶 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦)
Have you been prioritizing your gut health?
Let me know what you learned below!