It's January 31st, and you just hit the "𝟷 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘱".
It's the point in time after making a change in your routine/life/habits, where the excitement starts to wear off.
At first, you're super excited to start a new fitness journey, and you can't stop thinking about what your life will be like when you reach your goals. All you have to do is put in the work.
Then the 1 month slump hits...
And that's when you notice...
- 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘢𝘻𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦
- "𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦" 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 (𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴)
- 𝘚𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘱𝘱
The 1 month slump is inevitable.
But it's really just life pushing back asking, "How bad do you really want this? How uncomfortable are you willing to get?"
At that point, you have 𝟐 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬...
1. Fall back into old, comfortable habits that kept you happily unhappy.
2. Lean into the discomfort and push through.
It's the last day of January.
1 month ago you set big fitness goals. Ones that made your palms sweaty and stomach flutter.
This is your test.
How bad do you want them?
How uncomfortable are you willing to get?